What is Dogging?
Dogging work is:
- the application of slinging techniques including the selection and inspection of lifting gear to safely sling a load
- the directing of a plant operator in the movement of a load when the load is out of the operator’s view.
What is Basic Rigging?
A basic rigging licence encompass the requirements for a dogging licence. To apply for a basic rigging licence you must hold, or have previously passed assessment for, a dogging licence.
The scope of work for basic rigging includes:
- dogging work
- structural steel erection
- particular hoists
- placement of pre-cast concrete members of a structure
- safety nets and static lines
- mast climbers
- perimeter safety screens and shutters
- cantilevered crane loading platforms
What is Intermediate Rigging?
To perform intermediate rigging duties you need to have an Intermediate rigging – RI high risk work licence. To apply for an intermediate rigging licence you must hold, or have previously passed assessment for, a dogging licence and basic rigging licence.
The scope of work for intermediate rigging includes:
- rigging work in the class Basic Rigging
- all hoists
- rigging of cranes, conveyors, dredges and excavators
- demolition of structures or plant
- dual lifts
What is the age requirements to commence this qualification?
There are no pre-requisites to commencement the qualification however students must be over the age of 18 years old for High Risk Work Licenced outcomes. Our preference is the student is over 17 years of age to commence training and employed within the building & construction industry.
Am I required to hold my White Card to undertake Rigging work?
A White card is mandatory for anyone working within the building & construction industry.
SafeWork/WorkSafe conditions of assessment:
- Applicants to be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to produce 100 points or more of identification as per the SafeWork/WorkSafe identification checklist.
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment
Note: Verbal assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties (extra charge applies)