Skills Assure supports the delivery of the Queensland Government’s core vocational education and training (VET) funding programs, and is intended to provide prospective students and employers with confidence that training providers possess the capability to deliver positive training experiences and quality training outcomes.
Skills Assure provides the flexibility for prospective students, apprentices, trainees and their employers to select a preferred training provider (registered RTO) from a list of Skills Assure suppliers (SAS) for the delivery of accredited training to meet their specific needs. As a Skills Assure Provider, Kallibr Training offers courses through the following funded programs:
- User Choice – provides public funding for the delivery of accredited, entry level training to apprentices and trainees.
User Choice – Apprenticeships & Traineeships
User Choice program provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible Queensland apprentices and trainees.
The program works in conjunction with the Commonwealth Australian Apprenticeships System, under which apprentices and trainees (also known in some jurisdictions as “Australian Apprentices”) enter into legally binding training contracts with their employers and receive structured training to achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
Student Contribution Fees
Apprentices/Trainees funded under the User Choice program are required to contribute to the cost of their training through a contribution fee. Student contribution fees under the User Choice program are set at $1.60 per nominal hour for each unit of competency.
Student Contribution Fees will be discussed prior to enrolment and are payable upon commencement of each unit of competency. This fee may be paid on your behalf by an employer or another third party.
Partial and Full Exemptions
Partial Contribution Fees of 40% will be charged where the apprentice/trainee falls into one or more of the following exemptions:
- Apprentice/Trainee was or will be under 17 years of age at the ensure of February in the year in which training commenced and has not completed year 12
- Apprentice/Trainee holds a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, or is the partner or dependent of a person who holds a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card (named on that card)
- Identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Full Exemption of student contribution fees applies when:
- A school-based apprentice or trainee
- Year 12 graduate – Apprentice/Trainee commences a high priority qualification within 12 months of completing year 12
- Free apprenticeships for under 21s – commenced high priority qualification
- Free apprenticeships for under 25s – commenced high priority qualification
- Apprentice/Trainee under extreme financial hardship
Kallibr Training’s Fee, Cancellation and Refund Policy is available for download. For User Choice, once training has commenced and cancels/withdraws after participation in training has occurred, an adjusted amount will be refunded based on the nominal hours expired at the time of cancellation. The amount of the refund will be based on the total amount of nominal hours of training already undertaken to those hours remaining – amount refundable will be advised.