About this Course

Course Description:

The unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.

This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:

  • Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
  • Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia;
  • Part 6.5 Division 1 of the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011 for Queensland; and
  • Part 6.5 Division 1 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 for New South Wales.

It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work.

Frequently Asked Questions: White Card

What does having a white card mean?

A white card, which is generally referred to as a general construction induction card, is not only essential but required for all people who want to work in a construction site. The specific workers that must have a white card in order to work are surveyors, supervisors, managers, and labourers.

How much does a white card cost in QLD?

In Queensland, a white card is issued by the RTO and is included in your course cost.

Is getting a white card easy?

Generally speaking, gaining your white card is by no means not a gruesome or tiring process. According to the Australian government, more than 100,000 white cards have been issued to residents of Australia. As soon as you have completed the course, you will gain a white card.


Public courses run at Kallibr Training (RTO 32365) locations in Sydney & Brisbane.

Private training can be organised and conducted onsite if the following training and assessment requirements are met:

  • A room with access to power, a blank wall for presentation, a projector screen or a large TV, table/s and chairs.
  • Clear flat operating area for practical training.
  • Students to have their own PPE including; hard hat, high vis shirt.

Course Outline

  • Public courses available at Ingleburn & Salisbury
  • Onsite white card training available
  • Nationally recognised
  • Online booking available

Course Availability & Pricing

Please see our public course dates below. If there are no dates available or you would like to arrange a private course at your site or ours, then please select the ‘Private courses’ button.

Course Outcomes

Learning Outcome

On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge to:

  • Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work.
  • Identify construction hazards and risk control measures.
  • Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes.
  • Identify incident and emergency response procedures.


  • Upon successful completion, student will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
  • A General Induction Card issued by Kallibr Training on behalf of state government

Further Information

When do I need a General Induction Card?

A General Induction Card is mandatory for anyone working within the building & construction industry.

Can I do this online?

It is a requirement to complete face-to-face training. However in some states if you live 100km + from the nearest approved RTO exemptions apply where this can be completed online

Is my General Induction Card recognised in other states?

Yes, General Induction Cards are nationally recognised

Is my blue card (QLD) still recognised?

Yes provided it is not damaged and still in good condition. Some states may also ask you to retrain if you have not worked in the construction industry for over two (2) years.

I lost my blue card (QLD), How do I get a new one?

Blue Cards cannot be replaced, you must complete CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry and you will be issued with a General Induction Card.

I lost my white card, How do I get a new one?

You must contact the RTO you originally completed the training with. General Induction Cards can only be replaced if you provide a statement of attainment for CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry

I have a green card (NSW) is this still valid?

No this is no longer acceptable in NSW or any other state in Australia. You will need to complete CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry and you will be issued with a General Induction Card.

SafeWork/WorkSafe conditions of assessment:

  • Able to produce 100 points or more of identification as per the SafeWork/WorkSafe identification checklist. Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment

Important Information

If a participant withdraws from a qualification/unit, with less than seven (7) business days notice prior to commencement, Kallibr Training reserves the right to retain the 30% administration booking fee.

No refund will be provided within two (2) business days prior to commencement. No refund will be permitted after course commencement or if a participant fails to attend on the scheduled commencement date.

What to Expect

Enquiry Form

Fast track your career – book a training course with Kallibr Training