What is Basic scaffolding?
Scaffolding work includes putting up, changing or taking down of a temporary structure that is used to support a work platform, where a person or object could fall more than four metres.
To perform basic scaffolding duties you need to have a Basic Scaffolding – SB high risk work licence.
Basic scaffolding work includes:
- modular or prefabricated scaffolds
- cantilevered hoist with a maximum working load of 500 kg (materials only)
- gin wheels
- safety nets and static lines
- bracket scaffolds (tank and form work).
SafeWork/WorkSafe conditions of assessment:
- Applicants to be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to produce 100 points or more of identification as per the SafeWork/WorkSafe identification checklist.
- Speak and understand English at a level to be able to participate in the training and assessment
Note: Verbal assessments can be arranged for applicants with writing and reading difficulties (extra charge applies)