This course covers the requirements to obtain your High Risk Work Licence (Class CB).
A Bridge and Gantry Crane HRW CB Licence is required to operate a bridge or gantry crane that is:
- controlled from a permanent cabin or control station on the crane, or
- remotely controlled with more than three powered operations, for example:
- a single hoist with four powered motions
- multiple hoists with four or more powered motions
(e.g. two non-synchronised hoists would typically have at least five powered operations—traversing by two, hoisting by two and travelling.)
What is a powered motion?
Each of the following a considered 1 powered motion.
- North/south travel
- East/west travel
- Hoist up/down
- Rotating attachment—this also includes the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load.
Public courses run at Kallibr Training’s facility in Brisbane.
Private training can be organised at your site in NSW and QLD if your site meets the following training and assessment requirements:
- A Bridge or Gantry Crane in safe/serviceable condition that is controlled from a permanent cabin or control station on the crane, or remotely controlled with more than three powered operations.
- A room with table/s and chairs, access to power, a blank wall/projector screen or a large TV for a presentation.
- A safe operating area for practical training.
- Suitable loads and lifting gear (Call to discuss with our team)